How To Be Healthy During the COVID-19 Pandemic
6 x 1 hour classes, £60.
Why not use this time to take some positive steps to strengthen your health and immune system?
Please e-mail if you would like to contact you with scheduled dates.
The course will cover all the basics of healthy living, including healthy eating, exercise, how to reduce stress and anxiety, how to create harmonious relationships and sort out conflicts, and finding inner peace and compassion amid all the confusion.
This will be a very practical course, with lots of things for you to do during the classes, and lots of things for you to keep doing in your daily life. Our health is mainly in our own hands, and by the end of this course you will have plenty of practical tools for increasing your health for many months and years to come.
The course will include:
We'll look at the latest NHS guidelines for healthy eating, and show you how to make a more plant- based diet work for you. You'll also learn how to eat healthily on a low budget and how to create incredibly healthy breakfasts.
- Some simple exercises to get your energy flowing, relax tension and make you feel more alive
- Breathing deeply to calm and rejuvenate your body, including abdominal breathing
Strengthening your immune system
- Simple changes in your food and lifestyle to support and strengthen your immune system.
- What not to eat, and what to eat more of.
- Acupressure points to strengthen your body’s defences.
Reducing fear, anxiety and stress
- Some simple breathing and Chi Gong for grounding and strengthening yourself to reduce fear and anxiety.
- How to express and let go of fears.
- Identifying and releasing worry and anxieties.
Inner peace and relaxation
- Find a peaceful and relaxed place within yourself, where you can rest and forget your tensions and troubles. Essential practice during these challenging times.
Home remedies for common symptoms
- Simple drinks and compresses for easing coughs, fevers, aches and pains and other common problems.
How These Online Courses Will Work Practically
When you book a course you will be emailed a set of course notes and a link to put into your computer or other device in your search engine. Each class will be recorded so you can re-watch it later, or if you miss a class you can watch it at another convenient time.
These courses will be live just as if you were together in a room. We use video conferencing, so that the teacher and everyone on a course can see each other and speak to the group. So you can ask questions and at times we may have discussions in a group between all participants.
To join these courses you will need a computer or other device and be in a place with a reasonable strength broadband internet connection. When you have signed up for a course, you will be sent a link to put into your search engine to connect you to the Zoom video conferencing. You will have to follow a few steps to register with Zoom (no cost involved) and then you are in!
The first class of all courses will start 15 minutes early – if you have not used Zoom before please join at the beginning of this 15 minutes to give you time on join the meeting and sort out any glitches. If you have problems, please email or ring the school so we can help you get connected. We have run a number of online courses before and most people find it a simple process to join. If you are very new to this, you could register with Zoom beforehand, and read more on how it works.
The cost of this course is £60. This includes the six 1 hour classes and a set of course notes and useful recipes, along with practical steps for you to do at home. You will also receive a recording of all the classes to watch again, or if you had to miss a class.
Refund Policy For Online Bookings
Bookings for online courses are often last minute. Please be sure that you are happy and commited to the course as we do not give refunds for online bookings.