HOLISTIC NUTRITION FOR BODY AND SOUL
March 2018 - December 2018
October 2018 - June 2019
This modular course offers a truly holistic approach to health, bringing together an understanding of food, how to cook it, and its effects on the body. You will learn Oriental diagnosis techniques to pinpoint which organs need support, along with hands-on cooking classes, bodywork and personal development classes.
Many students find this course revelatory, linking up so many different aspects of themselves into one whole picture, and seeing how changes made in one area of life affect all the others, leading to strong health and a deeper sense of self.
This course is structured in seven modules over nine months which enables a more in depth training as cooking, diagnostic and other skills can be practised between modules, and gives time for deeper personal transformation.
Some students take this as a complete course in itself for their personal health and learning, while others use it as a foundation year to continue onto our professional training courses.
What you will get from this course:
• See life from the holistic Oriental perspective, using yin and yang and Ki (Chi or Prana) to understand how nature and ourselves really work
• Develop your cooking skills in preparing both everyday healing plant-based (mostly vegan) meals, as well as party and entertaining style dishes with 20 demonstration and hands-on cooking classes
• See the connections between your emotions, your health and dietary patterns, and how you can release unhelpful old emotions to help you become your true healthy self
• A thorough understanding of how the body works from an Oriental perspective, and how to boost health and heal specific problems using Oriental diagnosis
• Learn basic emotional counselling skills, which are useful in listening well and emotionally supporting yourself and others
• You will learn Do-in meridian exercises, breathing techniques and meditations for raising your health with a daily practice
Features of this course:
• Teaching is in small groups of up to 10 students to enable personal guidance and support
• Students from many countries and backgrounds
• 30 days of intensive learning in seven modules over nine or 10 months, with structured homework tasks to help develop your health and cooking, counselling and Oriental diagnosis skills. This is roughly equivalent to levels one and two of the intensive courses offered by some macrobiotic centres.
“This course has been life-changing, self-affirming and so rewarding for me. I have found such a connection with myself, spiritually, emotionally and with the wellbeing of others.” Charlie Boyd
For an overview of our professional training courses and information about the school, download our 2017/18 prospectus here.
To join this course, download and read the course details below, then send us the application form at the back.